- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Facts Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas L Jang MD
Dr. Thomas L Jang has 2 locations
195 Little Albany St
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
344 South St
Morristown, NJ 07960
Dr. Thomas L Jang has the following 2 specialties
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Surgical Oncology
Surgical oncologists play various roles in treating cancer. They can perform biopsies to determine if a tumor is cancerous or not. If it is, they’re trained to remove the tumor, tissue, and in some cases, all or part of an organ or bodily structure where the cancer has spread. In addition to removing cancer, they can perform any reconstructive surgeries that may be necessary.
Many surgical oncologists specialize in certain types of cancer, such as liver, lung or breast. Don’t be afraid to ask them what they have the most experience treating. When looking for a doctor, it’s important to know that general surgeons are also qualified to perform many of the same surgeries. However, surgical oncologists have specific training in recognizing and treating cancer, which some patients prefer.
Dr. Thomas L Jang has the following 17 expertise
- Enlarged Prostate (Prostatic Hyperplasia)
- Bladder Removal (Cystectomy)
- Retroperitoneal Cancer
- Urinary Bladder Cancer (Transitional Cell Carcinoma)
- Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
- Kidney Cancer
- Prostate Diseases (Prostatic Diseases)
- Urinary Diversion (Urinary Bladder Removal)
- Lymph Node Excision (Lymph node removal)
- Elevated Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA)
- Kidney Stones (Nephrolithiasis)
- Nephrectomy (Kidney Removal)
- Prostate Surgery (Prostatectomy)
- Kidney Stones (Ureteral Calculi)
- Urologic Cancer
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Testis Cancer (Testicular Neoplasm)
Dr. Thomas L Jang is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas L Jang - Posted on April 25th, 2019
Very nice and professional doctor!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas L Jang - Posted on February 10th, 2016
Dr. Jang has recently done two surgeries for me. One is to remove bladder tumor (cancer), the other is to remove the tissue from my prostate by laser for better urinating. Both surgeries were very well done and I'm in smooth recovery now. Dr. Jang is a very considerate and compassionate person. I always felt comfortable and clear when he gave me medical advises about my health situation and explanations regarding my treatment. He is an outstanding doctor as well as a person. All relevant CINJ staff are also very nice, caring and friendly.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas L Jang - Posted on January 21st, 2016
Good surgeon, but Insurance woes.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas L Jang - Posted on January 5th, 2016
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
19 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Thomas L Jang Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Health Garden State
- QualCare HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas L Jang, MD - Surgical Oncology in New Brunswick, NJ, in this video.
Dr. Thomas L Jang is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New Brunswick, NJ.