Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas A Joiner has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Thomas A Joiner has the following 12 expertise
- Blood Clot
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Block
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
- Heart Diseases
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
Dr. Thomas A Joiner has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Thomas A Joiner is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Dr Joiner has never taken any interest in my husband's heart condition. Whenanother doctor in another state prescribed my husband to be on Plavix Dr Joiner is playing "God" in not permitting my husband to go off the medicine to have a much needed surgery. He never cared enough to meet with my husband to discuss and check his state of mind. Whatever happened to a patient being responsible for their own medical decisions.
IT IS ALWAYS A PATIENTS RIGHT TO STOP ANY MEDICINE, EVEN IF A PHYSICIAN DISAGREES.. HOWEVER IF RECOMMENDED TREATMENT GUIDELINES OF THE AMERICAN COLLEGE OF CARDIOLOGY SUGGEST THAT A PATIENT BE ON A SPECIFIC MEDICATION, THEN NO PHYSICIAN COULD ETHICALLY STOP THAT MEDICINE, WITHOUT BEING ACCUSED OF MALPRCTICE.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Joiner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
University Of Kentucky Medical Center
Dr. Thomas A Joiner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsMemorial Hospital Flagler Inc, 61 Memorial Medical Pkwy Ste 3807, Palm Coast, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas A Joiner in this video.
Dr. Thomas A Joiner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palm Coast, FL.