Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas K Kramer
Dr. Thomas K Kramer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Anchorage, AK. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Cardiology. Dr. Kramer is affiliated with Providence Alaska Medical Center. Dr. Kramer has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas K Kramer has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
Showing 4 of 4
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Kramer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
University Of Utah School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
University Of Utah Health Care
Dr. Thomas K Kramer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAlaska Heart Institute Llc, 3841 Piper St Ste T100, Anchorage, AK
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas K Kramer in this video.
Dr. Thomas K Kramer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Anchorage, AK.