- Baptist Health Lexington
- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas C Knopp has the following 2 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Thomas C Knopp has the following 13 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Digestive System Endoscopy (EGD)
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors (1)
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
15 Years Experience
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Thomas C Knopp Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Dr. Thomas C Knopp
As a physician, I am fully aware that my patients are coming to me with difficult and very personal issues. Let's face itâ€¦most gastrointestinal issues are difficult to discuss with your spouse, let alone your provider. Many of my patient's issues are not brought to their provider's attention secondary to fear of embarrassment. Physician's offices are busy and patients do not feel they need to burden their physician with â€œA little rectal bleedingâ€ or â€œDiarrheaâ€ at the end of their check up for blood pressure control. As the son of a colorectal cancer survivor, whose early symptoms were not mentioned because fear of embarrassment and not wanting to waste his physician's time with insignificant complaints, I am dedicated to providing you with the time required to fully discuss your issues. I will listen to your concerns, encourage questions, and explore your treatment options. For me, the most rewarding aspects of being a gastroenterologist are when my patients return to the office feeling better and when they know that my staff and I truly care about their overall well-being. We provide the highest quality endoscopic care at our, independently owned, Joint Commission Accredited endoscopy center. Our center is one of only two ASGE endoscopic centers of excellence in central Kentucky. I exceed all of the national benchmarks for highest quality endoscopic care. -Reaching the cecum > 99% of the time (complete colonoscopy exam) -â€œWithdrawal timeâ€ averaging > 6 minutes (thorough colonoscopy exam) -Polyp detection rate of 50% (allowing for better prevention of colon cancer) -Following national guidelines for colonoscopy screening and colon polyp surveillance exams (preventing excessive exams)