Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas O Kovacs has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Thomas O Kovacs has the following 15 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Esophageal and Gastric Varices
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Peptic Ulcer Hemorrhage
- Colon Cancer
- Celiac Disease
Showing 5 of 7
This doctor honest to god has changed my life, he has given me back my life. I am so appreciative of everything he has done for me that I can't talk about him without getting choked up, can't even get through an appointment with him without tissue. He is exactly what you'd expect from your doctor but rarely find. He is detailed thoughtful careful intelligent intuitive and wise. He treats his patients with such care you feel like he's a family member and his staff loves working with him. Within 10 mins of our first appointment he had dissected how I developed my disease and why I had not gotten better with my previous Doctor. My experiences with my previous Doctor made me feel absolutely hopeless and getting better didn't actually seem like an option, I only got worse under her care. I was really in a bad place when I met with Dr Kovacs both physically and mentally. I had just given my dear husband the out in our marriage because he has had to struggle alongside me and didn't sign up for sick wife. Today my husband and I are at the fertility doctor, something a year ago I could never imagine. This man is a life saver, a dream enabler.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUcla Medical Center, 200 Ucla Medical Plz, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Thomas O Kovacs is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.