- 43 years of experience
- Speaks English
- University Of California San Diego School Of Medicine
- 1 specialty
- 1 expertise
- 1 location
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas L Archer
Dr. Thomas L Archer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Antonio, TX. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Thomas L Archer has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Thomas L Archer has the following 1 expertise
43 Years Experience
University Of California San Diego School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Dr. Thomas L Archer Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Thomas L Archer's office for more information.
7703 Floyd Curl Dr San Antonio, TX : (210) 567-7000
More about Dr. Thomas L Archer
I am particularly interested in resident education, OB anesthesia and the management and economics of perioperative care. During my 21 years in private practice, I helped organize an anesthesia professional corporation and for two years was the Chief of Anesthesia at a large, not-for-profit hospital. In 1997 I received the MBA degree from the University of South Florida and in the year 2000 I completed a Fellowship in the Management of Perioperative Services at Stanford. I did extensive medical education work in Nicaragua and Bolivia from 1990 until 1997 and I remain interested in Latin America. My greatest professional satisfaction comes from exploring with residents and medical students all aspects of medical care, from the technical, pharmacological and physiological to the psychological, interpersonal and social. I am currently a Clinical Professor in the Department of Anesthesiology at the UCSD School of Medicine and Medical Director of Obstetric Anesthesia at UCSD Medical Center.
Locations & DirectionsUNIVERSITY OF TEXAS HEALTH SCIENCE CENTER, 7703 Floyd Curl Dr, San Antonio, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas L Archer, MD - Anesthesiology in San Antonio, TX, in this video.
Dr. Thomas L Archer is similar to the following 4 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.