- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Facts Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas L Cao MD
Dr. Thomas L Cao, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Elgin, IL. His specialties include Hematology and Oncology and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas L Cao has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology and Oncology
An Oncologist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of different cancers. This physician has extensive knowledge of the different signs and symptoms of cancer, as well as the various methods of treatment.
Oncologists diagnose cancer through methods such as biopsy, endoscopy, X-ray, blood tests, ultrasound, and different forms of nuclear medicine. They treat cancer through surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy, or antibody treatments.
If it is determined that a cancer cannot successfully be treated, oncologists then focus on providing palliative care, the use of pain medication to make a dying person more comfortable.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Thomas L Cao has the following 8 expertise
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Blood Cancer
Showing 5 of 11
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas L Cao - Posted on September 2nd, 2019
Dr. Cao is an Excellent Physician
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas L Cao - Posted on February 7th, 2019
I have been Dr. Cao's patient for over a year now. I am astounded by these few bad reviews. I have a rare genetic disorder and he treats me with compassion and respect. He has a slight accent, not thick. You never have to wait long, and he actually has helped me save money by managing a few other of my ailments so I don't have to go to specialists and pay 20% out of my pocket. Your doctor is only as good as the patient. You need to communicate with your doctor. If it seems they are busy, tell them to slow down you need to talk. If you believe a med isn't working, tell them, and explain why. Be persistent. They work for you. I am my own advocate and have been to so many doctors. Believe me, Dr. Cao is a great one.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas L Cao - Posted on February 5th, 2019
Mercy Catheterization Medical Center
Dr. Thomas L Cao Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBETY CARMEN CIOBANU MD, 1600 N Randall Rd Ste 115, Elgin, IL
Dr. Thomas L Cao is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Elgin, IL.