Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas D Lamkin has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Thomas D Lamkin has the following 4 expertise
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
Dr. Thomas D Lamkin has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Thomas D Lamkin is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
In 2011 our son was referred to Dr. Lamkin because he had chronic bone pain, abnormal x-rays, stomach pain and an enlarged spleen, thrombocytopenia and chronic fatigue. He had a battery of blood tests which ruled out certain cancers. Everything stopped there and Dr. Lamkin decided not to do a bone marrow aspiration because our son just didn't seem sick enough. Had he taken that crucial step the lipids storing in his bones would have been discovered and our son would not have spent the next few years in pain and depressed because he was told he was fine when he knew he was not. Upon finding a new doctor, his spleen had to be removed because it was the size of a football due to the lipid storage and the aspiration was done immediately. He has Gaucher's Disease and if that had been discovered in 2011 and treated with the enzyme replacement therapy he would not have lost his spleen. The damage caused by this disease would have been slowed helping his bones and other organs. We are still learning about this disease and decided to write this review at this time in hopes that it may help someone else. If the decision to skip that vital step had not been made, this review would have been very different and that cost our son quite a bit.
Dr. Lamkin is a very straight forward type of guy!! He is very good with my son!! He gives us great information and puts it into terms that are easier to understand!! He bevieves in methods that are proven!! I am so glad that he is treating my son and would highly reccomend him to other families in situations like ours!!
30 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Dr. Thomas D Lamkin accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Moda Health Community Care Network
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Summit
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas D Lamkin in this video.
Dr. Thomas D Lamkin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.