Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas Lapine
Dr. Thomas Lapine, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Danvers, MA. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Nuclear Medicine. Dr. Lapine is affiliated with BayRidge Hospital, NSMC - Salem Hospital and Addison Gilbert Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas Lapine has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Nuclear Medicine
Nuclear medicine specialists are doctors who have extensive training in the use of nuclear substances, like radiation, to diagnose and treat certain illnesses.
These specialists perform diagnostic tests in which a small amount of a radioactive substance is injected into a vein, inhaled or taken orally by the patient. The radioactive substance then enables the nuclear medicine specialist to use a scanner to detect the radiation level in the part of the body being examined in order to create an image of it with a computer. The images tell the physician whether there are abnormal changes in metabolism which indicate whether a disease or injury is present. These tests are often used to detect cancer.
In addition to detecting cancer, substances like radioactive iodine can be either injected into the blood stream or taken orally to fight cancer and other diseases. After being ingested, the substance is absorbed by the thyroid gland and abnormal thyroid tissues are destroyed.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Lapine and his associates have treated our family and extended family for several years and has our confidence and gratitude for always being treated with respect and professionalism but also with comfort level that leaves you feeling able to discuss even the smallest of concerns. He has a great office staff, associate team of doctors and nurse practitioners.
Dr. Lapine is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
NSMC - Salem Hospital
Addison Gilbert Hospital
North Shore Medical Center
Northeast Hospital Corporation
47 Years Experience
University Of Ottawa Faculty Of Medicine
Graduated in 1966
Dr. Thomas Lapine accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions140 Commonwealth Ave, Danvers, MA
Dr. Thomas Lapine is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Danvers, MA.