Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas R Lux
Dr. Thomas R Lux, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Lux is affiliated with CHI St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center and Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas R Lux has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Thomas R Lux has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Preventive Medicine
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Dr. Thomas R Lux has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 18
Dr. Lux is an amazing Doctor! My family member has seen him for 17 years and I've seen him for 4 years. He is the best doctor I have ever met. Kind man with no ego and is really in medicine to help his patients not make a big paycheck. He will do anything and everything helpful to get to the bottom of whatever your problem is. I was having many health issues at the young age of 24 that were unexplained. Dr. Lux worked hard and did everything in his power to help me . He was willing to say he doesn't know instead of lying that he does and when I found a diagnosis he read up on it just so he could be helpful to me even though I'm his only patient with this disease. I refuse to go anywhere else if at all possible. Not a better a better Doctor in the Houston area. His office staff is also great especially his office manager/ Scheduler.
Dr Lux was very caring and informative with us. What my husband and I love about him is He doesnt prescribe us medicines unless we really need it unlike other doctors and when we pay our co pay the first time, we dont have to pay another co pay just to get the results from the first one. God's chose Doctor. Thanks
Dr. Lux is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1990
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Dr. Thomas R Lux accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMedical Clinic of Houston LLP, 1701 Sunset Blvd, Houston, TX
Dr. Thomas R Lux is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.