Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas M Bond MD
Dr. Thomas M Bond, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Asheville, NC. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Bond is affiliated with McDowell Hospital. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Thomas M Bond has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Thomas M Bond has the following 10 expertise
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas M Bond - Posted on November 16th, 2015
Been seeing Dr. Bond for years. Very happy with his medical knowledge.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas M Bond - Posted on August 9th, 2013
Dr. Bond is a very caring and knowlegable person. My wife had suffered horrible abdominal problems for six years and had been to eight doctors with no relief. Dr. Bond discovered her problem(s) and got her to where she is now comfortable. He listens to her and takes an interest in her. His staff are second to none. They are friendly, and efficient. They too care about the patient. There are not enough good words in the English language to say about Dr. Bond and his staff.
Dr. Bond is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina Health System
Dr. Thomas M Bond Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions, ,
Dr. Thomas M Bond is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Asheville, NC.