Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas M Kerr
Dr. Thomas M Kerr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lutz, FL, with other offices in Spring Hill, FL and Tampa, FL . He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Vascular Surgery and Radiology. Dr. Kerr is affiliated with Florida Hospital Carrollwood and St Joseph's Children's Hospital of Tampa. Dr. Kerr has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas M Kerr has the following 2 specialties
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
Dr. Thomas M Kerr has the following 25 expertise
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Vascular Surgical Procedures
- Venous Insufficiency
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Carotid Artery Thrombosis
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Arterio-Arterial Fistula
- Limb Salvage
- Vascular Malformations
- Varicose Veins
- Carotid Artery Injuries
- Endovascular Stent Grafts
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
- Internal Carotid Artery Dissection
- Vein Inflammation (Phlebitis)
- Venous Thromboembolism
- Varicose Ulcer
- Arteriovenous Fistula
- Diabetes Complications
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Spider Vein Removal (Telangiectasis)
Showing 5 of 57
i am very pleased with the time I spend with dr kerr he makes me feel comfortable and gets to the point he has done wonders for my leg problems so thank you for that the only thing is trying to schedule is difficult I know they are busy as we all are but time is also important to me the techs are great
My experience at Dr. Kerr's office was very professional and pleasant. His staff are very courteous. My wife had varicose vein surgery several years ago performed by Dr. Kerr and was very happy with him, his team and the results. I was happy to have the referral from my wife and my experience was equally satisfactory. I would highly recommend Dr. Kerr for any vein/vascular treatment needed to my friends, family and work associates.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Kerr is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Good Samaritan Hospital
Dr. Thomas M Kerr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Humana Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas M Kerr in this video.
Dr. Thomas M Kerr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lutz, FL.