Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas Smith
Dr. Thomas Smith, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Columbus, OH. He has 10 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology. Dr. Smith is affiliated with Ohio State University Hospital East, Arthur G James Cancer Hospital and OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas Smith has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Smith is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Ohio State University Hospital East
Arthur G James Cancer Hospital
OhioHealth Riverside Methodist Hospital
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
Morrow County Hospital
OhioHealth Grady Memorial Hospital
OhioHealth Marion General Hospital
James Cancer Hospital
10 Years Experience
Northeastern Ohio University College Of Medicine And Pharmacy
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Thomas Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOhio State University Wexner Medical Center, 410 W 10th Ave, Columbus, OH
Dr. Thomas Smith is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbus, OH.