Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas R Macholan
Dr. Thomas R Macholan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Grandville, MI. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Macholan is affiliated with Mercy Health Saint Mary's and Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services. Dr. Macholan has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas R Macholan has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Macholan has been my Doctor since my middle school sports physicals 32 years ago. He is straightforward, compassionate, and does not sugar coat the truth. He listens, does not rush to write prescriptions, but rather looks into possible causes of issues you might be having. If you want someone to pat your hand and write a script for meds with no work on your part to improve your health, he is not that type. He will tell you what you need to DO. Get strong. Get healthy. As he and Applegate are founding Doctors of this practice, his schedule is BUSY and FULL, so you need to schedule appointments 5-6 months in advance and bring concise notes with you of points you would like to discuss when he gets into the room. Communicate with the nurses before your appointment so you can be clear of what your needs are and any needed tests/diagnostics they need you to complete can be finished before your appointment.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Macholan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
St Marys Medical Center
Dr. Thomas R Macholan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMercy Health Physician Partners, 3380 44th St SW, Grandville, MI
Dr. Thomas R Macholan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grandville, MI.