Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Get the facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas Mango
Dr. Thomas Mango, MD is a Doctor primarily located in South Bend, IN, with other offices in South Bend, IN and Bloomington, IL (and 4 other locations). He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine and Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Mango is affiliated with Memorial Hospital of South Bend, St Joseph Community Hospital and SJRMC - Plymouth Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas Mango has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine
If you have a back injury or unexplained back pain, your doctor might refer you first to a radiologist and then to an orthopedic spinal surgeon. They specialize in the spine and can diagnose and treat spinal diseases such as scoliosis. They can also treat spinal injuries such as a displaced disc or a fracture, as well as disc degeneration and narrowing that occurs due to aging.
However, when your injury or condition affects the spinal canal or spinal cord, it’s typically better to consult with a neurosurgeon. It's worth noting that, while they're both referred to as surgeons, they can also recommend treatments that don't require an operation, such as non-surgical decompression therapy.
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Back Injuries
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
First time AND last time for me. Went to see Dr. Mango for the first time. First of all he had a hard time with the computer. Second, he sat down beside me to talk about why I was there. Noticed his eyes were VERY red and blood shot. During the course of our conversation he keep closing his eyes. Speech was not slurred and he carried on a descent conversation. BUT the man was literally falling asleep. At one point his head nodded down, I asked him if he was tired. He said " No I was just looking at your sandals, they look very comfortable." Right,the man was falling asleep. I don't know if he was tired, hung over, on something or what. I really don't know. BUT what I do know he WAS falling asleep. Do you think I want a doctor falling asleep and preforming surgery on me. NO WAY IN H---! I WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE EVER AGAIN!!! EVER!
Great bedside manner. Dr. Mango made me feel so comfortable, he seems very down to earth. Nurses were great. Visit was what I expected from SBO!
Dr. Mango is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Joseph Community Hospital
SJRMC - Plymouth Campus
Saint Joseph'S Regional Medical Center
28 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Thomas Mango accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas Mango in this video.
Dr. Thomas Mango is similar to the following 3 Doctors near South Bend, IN.