Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas J Martel has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
I was with my daughter on two recent visits to the South Strand Ambulatory Center in Myrtle Beach where Dr. Martel was the attending emergency room physician. I can't say how grateful I was to have him care for my daughter. His care and concern were outstanding! My daughter has a chronic condition and is in pain 24/7. Most of the time when we go to the ER (and that is often!)they are not the most pleasant dcctors and have even accused her of being a drug addict, etc. She has no insurance and one doctor even asked her why she had a cell phone then if she had no insurance. Dr. Martel was so understanding and kind. He was not judgemental in any way and even tried to seek out some future medical attention for her. When we left the hospital she was calm and in less pain than I have seen her have in weeks. Thank you Dr. Martel!! You are a wonderful doctor!
31 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
University Of Florida Health Shands Hospital
Dr. Thomas J Martel accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Thomas J Martel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Myrtle Beach, SC.