Have you seen Dr. Thomas M Matelic?

Not heard

While at my appt, he continued to not listen to me and what I was feeling. I had knee surgery with him and after having 4 nurses for two months tell me I was getting a better knee brace they all suddenly changed minds even though the brace would help me, was told to drop a brace in all even though my knee isn’t strong enough. He seemed to insinuate that I wasent working my knee at all because I wasent crying at PT. It was also said that if I didn’t do these things he have to do surgery again. It seemed like he kept threatening surgery to me.

Wonderful caring Doctor!!

Tom Matelic

Dr. Matelic took the time to properly diagnose me. He is friendly and took time to show me what was wrong. He described the surgery to me and took time to answer any questions I had. I would recommend him to everyone.

ACL Reconstruction

Dr. Matelic is a great surgeon. I loved having him as a doctor. It was evident that he cared about my well-being. After being diagnosed with a completely torn ACL, I was scheduled for surgery 2 weeks later-- which is pretty fast! I haven't had any problems since the surgery and he was truly a blessing and an extremely kind person. I would highly recommend Dr. Matelic.

Terrible manners and God complex

- Acts as though he is better than you with a type of "God complex" - Will not listen to your needs and will not let you finish your sentences, actually interuppted in the middle of a concern, didn't answer and walked out!-OAM staff friendly, but not Dr. Matelic's nurses (Angie, Pattie and Kim) - they too will not let you finish your sentences --- everyone acts annoyed that you are a patient- spent a whole 15 minutes with me and said it was "too long" and "longer than usual"!!

Sloppy Review of Test Results - Wrong Diagnosis

After neglecting to review test results, I was given an incorrect diagnosis.

So grateful to Dr. Matelic

After an injury and being shuffled from one test to another and from one doctor to another, over a period of 1-1/2 years, I was finally referred to Orthopedic Associates. The physician I saw there then referred me to Dr. Matelic. Yes, he ran a bit late, but also offered me as much time as I needed at my visit. I felt he listened to me and did a thorough exam and I did not feel like, at other offices, I was being rushed. Dr. Matelic performed two surgeries on my leg this past Thursday. At my follow-up visit, I expect I will be told how much recovery to expect. Having someone knowledgeable and willing to hear me is worth everything. I am expecting good results and am already grateful to Dr. Matelic and his wonderful staff.

Don't waste your time...

After an hour and twenty minute wait (without an apology for the delay) he was with us long enough to say there was nothing wrong w/ my 14 year old daughter and offered to send her to a pain clinic. We were out the door in less than 10 minutes of him walking in the room. Fortunately, the surgeon who repaired my knee 19 years ago was willing to take her on and provide a second opinion. Unfortunately, it meant a trip from Michigan to Dallas, TX. He just couldn't believe Dr Matelic would have missed something, as he put it, as "elementary" as tendonitis, but that's what was wrong with her knee. It was even visible in the MRI taken at Dr Matelic's office. He thought it was ridiculous that she was referred to a pain clinic. He spent an hour with her making sure she understood what was wrong, why, and what it would take to reverse a condition she has had for over 7 months. We will continue her care long distance with a competent physician/surgeon.

Dr. Thomas M Matelic is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Grand Rapids, MI.

Dr. Thomas M Matelic Is this you?