Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas P Mcgahan has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (Fetoscopy)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Peptic Ulcer
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
Dr. McGahan explained all aspects of the procedure to me in a consultation beforehand. Also, the written information he gave me was complete. I was prepared when I arrived for the procedure. The staff was professional and courteous (everyone). Dr. McGahan walked me through the procedure before it began. After the procedure, he explained to me what he had found and what it meant, and then gave me written instructions about what would happen next - phone calls, medicine etc. All in all, it was a stress free experience. Great doctor, great staff! Well done.
I have had three colonoscopies with Dr. McGahon. I told him that I did not want a lot of medication. He gave me just enough so I was able to watch on the monitor. He took his time and looked in all the folds of the colon. I went shopping afterwards. I have had three and no problems with gas; or pain. He explained the prep process and afterwards gave me overview. Followed up with biospy results.
This MD is obviously intelligent, but is better suited for the lab than working with patients. He seriously lacks patient communication skills (primarily listening skills which are absolutely vital to reaching an accurate diagnosis). He prefers to run a series of highly invasive tests, much of which I would question is unnecessary. I have never written a negative review, however, I would have a difficult time referring this doc to anyone I know.
- Emory University School Of Medicine
Dr. Thomas P Mcgahan accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMetro Atlanta Gastroenterology, 5669 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas P Mcgahan in this video.
Dr. Thomas P Mcgahan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.