Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas E Mcniff MD
Dr. Thomas E Mcniff, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Gastonia, NC, with other offices in Gastonia, NC and Greenville, NC . He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Critical Care Medicine and Anesthesiology. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas E Mcniff has 3 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Thomas E Mcniff has the following 2 specialties
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Thomas E Mcniff has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Thomas E Mcniff is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
26 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Thomas E Mcniff Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Thomas E Mcniff's office for more information.
2525 Court Dr Gastonia, NC : (704) 864-8772
1550 Union Rd Ste B Gastonia, NC : (704) 865-7846
2080 W Arlington Blvd Ste B Greenville, NC : (252) 752-2140
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas E Mcniff, MD - Anesthesiology in Gastonia, NC, in this video.
Dr. Thomas E Mcniff is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Gastonia, NC.