Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas J Militana
Dr. Thomas J Militana, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bronxville, NY. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Militana is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital. Dr. Militana has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas J Militana has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Critical Care
- Holter monitoring
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Preventive Medicine
- Viral Human Hepatitis
Showing 5 of 10
I was Dr. Militana's patient for just over two years and would still be with him if I'd not moved away. I saw him 4 to 5 times in the timeframe and was satisfied with his abilities. It is his own private practice. His staff is courtious and helpful. I dig his old school exam room furnishings made of green metal. The fact he's held on to those items says to me he cares more about patient care then spending money on the lastest trend.
I went to Dr. Militana, a year ago. He tries to sell these weight loss products, which I think is sad. He doesn't have an office to speak with you. He's receptionist is very nice and so are the nurses he's had. The last time it was a male nurse. Dr. Militana's office is small. When u go in the examination room it's 2 chairs a desk and a place for him to examine you. I went to him and after left and found another doctor I found out I had Type 2 Diabeties. Turns out Dr. Militana never found that I had it.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Militana is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Ross University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Thomas J Militana accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThomas J Militana Md, 1 Stone Pl Ste 307, Bronxville, NY
Dr. Thomas J Militana is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bronxville, NY.