Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas W Montag has the following 2 specialties
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
Showing 5 of 20
We spent a great deal of time in the initial consultation, but he keep me waiting , with no other patients in the office. Afterward, seemed as if he could not be bother with questions the day of the surgery. Very rude to my family at the hospital. Followed up with one appointment after surgery and did not want to do any other visits with him.
I had a major operation that lasted 7 hours and had 3 surgeons present. Dr. Montag was the lead surgeon for my surgery. I spent 17 days in the hospital of which 4 were spent in the ICU Unit. Dr. Montag was able to remove all of my tumor and visited me daily while I was in the hospital to ensure my progress was going well. Had it not been for the excellent surgical skills of Dr. Montag I may not have made it through my operation. He may be a little "gruff" around the edges, but I was always able to make him smile and he is by far one of the best doctors I have ever dealt with.
Dr. Montag did a surgery on me, refused to give me a local anesthetic in my actual cervix, the last thing I heard was she'll be fine. When I woke up at the hospital he was already gone, and had said nothing to me at all, nor did he say anything to my waiting family. Also he left me in recovery and fully planned on leaving me with no pain medication, when he had literally just removed half if my cervix. When he was called by the hospital and informed that he had left no prescription his exact words were "I'm too far, I'm not coming back, find someone else to do it, and then hung up on the hospital staff. A week later here I am still having bleeding, and I am pretty sure I have an infection, also in a fair amount of pain. When I called dr. Montags office his nurse literally laughed at me. I am now heading to the hospital. Do not go to this doctor!!!
40 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1978
Hennepin County Medical Center
Dr. Thomas W Montag accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThomas W Montag Md, 109 Wimbledon Sq Ste F, Chesapeake, VA
Dr. Thomas W Montag is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chesapeake, VA.