Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas J Montaldo has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
I'm so disappointed with this practice in general. Looooong waits. They really just shuffle you through like cattle. No real relationship with whichever provider you happen to be seen by. The worst is trying to get refills on simple allergy prescriptions! They will NEVER reply to your pharmacy for refill requests. You have to call THEM numerous times. And then they will give you ONE refill (if you're lucky). Most of the time, they request that you come back in - for absolutely nothing - but another SINGLE refill of allergy medicine that you've taken for years. Total waste of time and they purely function as a business - not a healthcare provider that cares at all.
one of the best doctors i had ever seen and would stii be with him today if not for the poor staff unfortunatlly the last time i was to sit and wait three hours in the waiting room with poor health problems this has happened four other times , Im done. I wish him well .problem is you sign in and they forget your out there when brought to there attention now they are embarassed then they get angry.
Dr. Montaldo is very good and his nurse is also. The front office staff is Incompetent and RUDE. Hope you do not need a referral in a rush or test results faxed to another doctor. Took 4 days with numerous calls and still did not get done, had to go to the hospital and get them my self and bring them to the spec. Dr.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Montaldo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
North Shore University Hospital
Dr. Thomas J Montaldo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWest Volusia Medical Associates Pa, 1070 N Stone St Ste A, Deland, FL
Dr. Thomas J Montaldo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Deland, FL.