Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas M Motyka has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Osteopathic Manipulation
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Motyka's diagnosis has completely turned around my quality of life over the last 3 years. He suspected during my first visit that food allergies to gluten and dairy were the root causes to the spring and fall yearly cycle of sinus infections. He recommended through education, not medication, changing my diet to eating Paleo style, over the counter amino acids, and some medicine. Like all patients consulting any doctor, I tested out his suggestions. When I went to Dr. Motyka, I feared I was headed to a nursing home to wither away. After five days, I was able to eliminate the four hour doses of ibuprofen; after three months, the A1C test reading reduced out of danger of type 1 diabetes; after five months, I found myself getting up one morning, making coffee, and not dread being alive another day. People I worked with thought I was loosing my mind. So did I. Several people have witnessed a complete reversal in me and they are now patients of Dr. Motyka. I take control of my health by the food I eat through his education and continual self education and motivation.
Dr. Motyka is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Umass Memorial Healthcare
Dr. Thomas M Motyka accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Thomas M Motyka is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chapel Hill, NC.