Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas J Munro
Dr. Thomas J Munro, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Frederick, MD, with another office in Rockville, MD. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology. Dr. Munro is affiliated with Suburban Hospital and University of Maryland St Joseph Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas J Munro has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
This doctor punctured my spinal cord during a routine labor & delivery. I crashed and nearly died, fortunately I did not pass that day. However, I have a crippling case of arachnoiditis and am in excruciating pain every day. I take a lot of medicines every day just to get up and take care of myself & two sons(6&7), but I run the risk of liver issues. Often wonder If he remembers that night, or is it just me that has the constant reminder.
I think this patient has the wrong doctor. I've never had such a complication. I feel badly that she suffers from a complication, but I can not take responsibility. Perhaps a review of the medical record could identify the correct physician.
Dr. Munro is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Thomas J Munro accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Thomas J Munro is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Frederick, MD.