Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Thomas P Mutton
Dr. Thomas P Mutton, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Winston Salem, NC, with another office in Winston Salem, NC. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Surgery. Dr. Mutton is affiliated with Novant Health Medical Park Hospital. Dr. Mutton has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas P Mutton has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Thomas P Mutton has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Thomas P Mutton has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 10
Dr. Mutton was a total unknown to me when I had to have surgery for colorectal cancer. I was diagnosed one day and operated on the next and didn't know any surgeons. Dr. Mutton was recommended by my gastroenterologist. He performed surgery and using a new piece of equipment was able to reattach my colon to my rectum even though much of my rectum had to be removed. He has always spent a lot of time with me explaining every procedure, doing through examinations, answering all my questions, and addressing any concerns I had. I could not have asked for a better or more caring doctor. I highly recommend Dr. Mutton.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Mutton is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
Dr. Thomas P Mutton accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas P Mutton, MD - Surgery in Winston Salem, NC, in this video.
Dr. Thomas P Mutton is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Winston Salem, NC.