Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas Nicotri Jr
Dr. Thomas Nicotri Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Gretna, LA, with another office in Mandeville, LA. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Dermatology, Dermatopathology and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Nicotri is affiliated with University Medical Center New Orleans. Dr. Nicotri has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas Nicotri Jr has the following 3 specialties
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
A dermatopathologist is an expert in both dermatology and pathology. They specialize in diseases related to the skin, but where a dermatologist would examine a potentially-cancerous mole by looking at it, a dermatopathologist would examine your skin cells in a lab, more like a pathologist.
Beyond just skin cancer, dermatopathologists also study a wide range of skin conditions, including everything from warts, moles, spider veins and herpes, to dermatitis, rashes, vitiligo and other conditions related to skin discoloration.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Diseases
- Acne Rosacea
- Unstable Angina
- Skin Cancer
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- Blood Clot
- Heart Attack
- Heart Block
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Nicotri is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1997
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Thomas Nicotri Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Thomas Nicotri Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gretna, LA.