Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas J Odar
Dr. Thomas J Odar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rockville, MD. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Odar is affiliated with Laurel Regional Hospital, Medstar Montgomery Medical Center and Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical Center. Dr. Odar has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas J Odar has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- Heart Attack
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
Dr. Odar comes across knowledgeable and confident, which conveys into assurance. My dad is also Dr. Odar's patient. I had the opportunity to watch Dr. Odar examine and treat my dad. I saw a very kind and concerned doctor who intentionally sought out making my dad feel good. I would recommend him to anybody.
I would recommend Dr. Odar to anyone and, I will. He is both humble and kind. He asks good questions and listens closely without cutting you off. Treats the patient as a partner in their healthcare and is very smart about honing in on what needs to be done next. He is a breath of fresh air in a world where some docs can be unhelpful and arrogant. I am so thankful to find Dr. Odar and his staff.
Dr Odar really made a difference in my well being. When I visited him, I was struggling with personal issues which were affecting my health. Dr Odar gave me a better perspective on my issues and strongly encouraged me to focus on my health. I visited him several times and he was very supportive. I started working out and eating right which has greatly improved my health. Without Dr Odar's help, guidance and caring words, I would not be on the path to becoming healthy again. I feel fantastic and I owe it all to him.
Patients' Choice Award (2009, 2008, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Odar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Loyola University Medical Center
Dr. Thomas J Odar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCardiac Associates Pc, 15225 Shady Grove Rd Ste 201, Rockville, MD
Dr. Thomas J Odar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rockville, MD.