Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas J Oneil
Dr. Thomas J Oneil, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Warren, MI. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Neurology and Psychiatry. Dr. Oneil is affiliated with Henry Ford Macomb and Hutzel Womens Hospital. Dr. Oneil has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas J Oneil has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Migraine Disorder
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Oneil is what I call "old school", which is the highest praise in my book. Dr. Oneil sees you from the beginning to end of your appt. No aide, no PA, you get a real, honest-to-goodness doctor. He educates the patient, or their family, as well as examines, evaluates, and treats his patients. He comes across as a kind man. In our case, he treats our elderly mom as if she was his mom.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Oneil is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Thomas J Oneil accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Navigate POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMacomb Neurology Associates Pc, 27427 Schoenherr Rd Ste 100, Warren, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas J Oneil in this video.
Dr. Thomas J Oneil is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Warren, MI.