Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas P Murphy
Dr. Thomas P Murphy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Marietta, GA, with another office in Austell, GA. He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Vascular & Interventional Radiology and Diagnostic Radiology. Dr. Murphy is affiliated with WellStar Kennestone Regional Medical Center. Dr. Murphy has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas P Murphy has the following 2 specialties
- Vascular & Interventional Radiology
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
Dr. Thomas P Murphy has the following 12 expertise
- Dialysis Access Surgery
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Cancer Chemoembolization (Therapeutic Chemoembolization)
- Biliary Tract Diseases
- Kidney Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Liver Cancer
Dr. Thomas P Murphy has 2 board certified specialties
Dr. Thomas P Murphy is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Murphy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Medical College Of Georgia
Dr. Thomas P Murphy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Thomas P Murphy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Marietta, GA.