Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas P Winkler has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Thomas P Winkler has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Thomas P Winkler has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Thomas P Winkler is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
Dr. Winkler has been my primary care physician since 1992 and I've always had great service from him and his nurses. His diagnosis has always been right on the mark and he's stayed on top of my medicine refills and annual check-ups. I've taken my children and now my grandchildren to see him and find him to be a very caring and compassionate doctor. I've always received a letter after my physicals and blood work-ups with suggestions on how I might improve on any issues he might find. I can't imagine anyone NOT liking Dr. Winkler and I recommend him any time the opportunity presents itself.
He is a likeable Person but is always looking at his watch and saying he has people waiting. All the Dr's at this place stopped accepting people with medicare even after being long time patients! This place is more about the money than the patients care, but maybe thats how most Dr's are now a days.
Not sure how he got a medical degree, but Winkler is easily one of the worst doctors I've ever been to. I waited 20+ minutes and he spent maybe 5 with me and sent me off with some drugs. Not at all compassionate, makes you feel like you're just the next in a line of patients. In a hurry to get you out of there and on to the next one. I would not recommend him to a sick cat, let alone a human being. I'm surprised he hasn't lost his license to practice medicine.
Dr. Winkler is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Graduated in 1987
University Of Alabama
Dr. Thomas P Winkler accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
Locations & DirectionsFamily Healthcare Associates, 2821 E President George Bush Hwy Ste 100, Richardson, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas P Winkler in this video.
Dr. Thomas P Winkler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richardson, TX.