Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Thomas L Paone has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Thomas L Paone has the following 12 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
Dr. Thomas L Paone has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Thomas L Paone is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 85
I was seen by Dr Paone in L&D @Methodist Hospital in 2014. I had a cervical cerclage that my OB couldn't take out, and was pending going under anesthesia to have it removed. Dr Paone asked if I would allow him to try to cut the strings. I was terrified to allow him to attempt as the doctor who performed the procedure was unsuccessful in removing the stitches. I reluctantly allowed him to try. Literally 1.5 minutes later, the string was in his hand and out of my body, causing absolutely no pain! Dr Paone was compassionate and patient throughout the entire visit and saved me from having to endure an additional medical procedure to remove my cerclage. He is amazing!
I live right next to NY Methodist Hospital on the Slope and I chose Dr. Paone out of convenience initially, but I will return to him because he is so very understanding and gentle. I am someone who ABHORS being touched in any way by anyone and absolutely dread gyn checkups. Dr. Paone made it painless. He actually treats you like a human being and tells you what he is doing. I learned, for example, that I have a deep cervix. It's very nice to have found my go-to doc.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
18 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
North Shore University Hospital
Dr. Thomas L Paone accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNym Womens Health Associates, 263 7th Ave Ste 3A, Brooklyn, NY
Dr. Thomas L Paone is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.