Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas S Pattison has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Chronic Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Acute Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
This doctor shared office space with my husband, who is now deceased. He apparently is still there but will not answer the door to the office when I go there. I am a nurse and have worked closely with doctors for years. Pattison is very distracted when I have spoken with him, cold and inappropriate. He does not talk medical talk the way physicians usually do. Strange. I came to my husband's office wearing a tee shirt that said "River City Christian" on it and he took one look at and said, "You go THERE?" with a very nasty tone in his voice...he would not let me enter the suite. On another occasion I had a really bad case of the flu and we were having a storm in Sacramento, it was raining hard and extremely windy, I was so sick that I didn't want to go out to an urgent care and have to wait and wait so I asked him to call in a small amount of cough syrup for a really bad cough I had...he refused. Nice guy. I once tried to have a conversation with him about my husband and my concerns what did he do? Gave me a copy of of an article that was about "How to look 7 years younger"...isn't that odd? He was so uncaring...he said, "Let me know how things turn out" in a strange way and we walked down the stairs where he slipped out the door of the building in a way that was like sneaking out...weird.
At first I was not sure he heard or beleived what I was telling him about my injuries or the pathetic actions of the Workers Comp insurance company to prevent me from getting treatment. I eventually found him to be very good at what he does. His staff has always been second to none. Very friendly and kind always.
I would not treat with this doctor ever again. In my opinion, he is guilty of that common complaint made against doctors, thinking he knows how you feel better than you do yourself. He missed a crucial diagnosis for me because he failed to order the proper diagnostics and failed to take into consideration the symptoms and functional loss I was experiencing. My family doctor was the one who ordered the proper diagnostic and led me to the appropriate specialist for care. I can't emphasize strongly enough how much you should seek other reputable care.
28 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Uc Davis Medical Center
Dr. Thomas S Pattison accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBruce David Gorlick Dpm, 3939 J St Ste 200, Sacramento, CA
Dr. Thomas S Pattison is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sacramento, CA.