Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas Pinder
Dr. Thomas Pinder, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Washington, DC, with other offices in Washington, DC and Lanham, MD . He has 49 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Pinder is affiliated with Prince Georges Hospital Center. Dr. Pinder has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas Pinder has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Thomas Pinder has the following 13 expertise
- High Cholesterol
- Blood Clot
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
- Heart Attack
Dr. Thomas Pinder has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Thomas Pinder is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
My husband and I saw Dr. Pinder about two weeks ago. His office (in Lanham, MD) was very professional. He was prompt and took time to talk to me in detail about my heart and also gave me recommendations to see other doctors. I would definitely recommend Dr. Pinder. I appreciate the fact that he wasn't rushed during my examination and consultation. His office followed up with me with the information that I had requested.
My husband is a heart patient and had a massive heart attack in 2001. Other than Dr. Pichard from Washington Hospital Center, Dr Pinder is the only cardiologist that my husband visited that we both was fully satisfied with and even considered traveling from SC where we currently reside to be under his care. Dr. Pinder knows the heart and has a heart that really honestly cares for the patient instead of the dollar. I 100 percent recommend Dr. Pinder to any and all heart papatients. He is God sent and God Bless Him.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Pinder is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
49 Years Experience
Howard University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Thomas Pinder accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas Pinder in this video.
Dr. Thomas Pinder is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.