Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas J Polascik has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Urinary Fistula
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Thyroid Gland Tumor (Oxyphilic Adenoma)
- Prostate Surgery (Prostatectomy)
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Nephrectomy (Kidney Removal)
- Lymph Node Excision (Lymph node removal)
- Local Neoplasm Recurrence
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Kidney Cancer
Showing 5 of 17
Anyone with Prostate Cancer would be well served to meet with Dr. Polascik and discuss their diagnosis and treatment plan. He is among the most prestigious urologists in the Unites States. While he may not inquire about your family members, he will focus completely on your health issues and provide treatment that is excellent.
We are grateful to Dr. Polascik for his guidance during a time when prostate ca was considered devastating...it turned out with his careful diagnostic assessment and treatment modality choices we had other options than radical surgery. He is thoughtful, respectful and caring and not afraid to be honest. I am glad he serves the community well and he is an asset to Duke.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
27 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Thomas J Polascik accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDuke University Medical Center, 200 Trent Dr, Durham, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas J Polascik in this video.
Dr. Thomas J Polascik is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Durham, NC.