Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Facts about menorrhagia; causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas Allan
Dr. Thomas Allan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in West Hartford, CT, with other offices in Glastonbury, CT and Avon, CT (and 1 other location). He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Allan is affiliated with Institute of Living Hartford Hospital's Mental Health Network, Hartford Hospital and University of Connecticut Health Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas Allan has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
What can't I say about Dr. Allen. He has been my OBGYN doctor for 1/2 of my life time and I'm 54 yrs old now. Although I've never had the experience of delivering a child I have had his care and knowledge and kindness throughout my years of being his patient. He is always up to par on medications and studies of which most he has done himself. He's always made me feel good about myself no matter what issues or concerns I have confronted him with. Thanks Dr. Allen for taking such good care of me.
Dr. Allan is a knowlegable, dedicated professional who has made a difference in my life. He is always abreast of the latest research (often conducted it himself!) and takes the time to LISTEN to and connect with me as a human, as well as a patient. His outstanding medical care has supported me in maintaining health and wellness for 20 years! Thanks Dr. Allan for all that you do, but more importantly all that you are.
I have been a patient of Dr. Allan's for over half of my life. He delivered my son, diagnosed my breast cancer, has advised me regarding myriad health issues and, while doing so has always been compassionate and well informed. Indeed, he's a pioneer in women's science and medical care. I am grateful he's my physician!
Dr. Allan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Institute of Living Hartford Hospital's Mental Health Network
University of Connecticut Health Center
Hartford Hospital, Hartford CT
John Dempsey Hospital Of The University Of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington CT
46 Years Experience
University of Maryland
Graduated in 1971
Dr. Thomas Allan accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas Allan in this video.
Dr. Thomas Allan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Hartford, CT.