Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas R Jones has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Kidney Stones
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Urologic Emergencies
- Bladder Issues
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Prostate Cancer
Showing 5 of 17
I was forced to wait 1 hour and 45 minutes from the time I arrived for my appointment til the time it took Dr. Jones to see me. I waited 1 hour and 30 minutes undressed on the exam table with no nurse checking on me or Dr. in sight. Dr. Jones medical equipment left a glob of machine grease on my genitals after camera insertion into my ureter to check my bladder.
Dr. Jones is rude and discriminatory toward disabilities. He has a power complex. He thinks people are trying to get the best of him, so he gets threatening immediately if you ask questions. He will not see you in the office without an appt., even for a minor problem that is quickly solved by a nurse. They refer you to the emergency room, where you will wait for 8 hours. He is horrifyingly rude.
I was referred to Dr. Jones by my primary physician for treatment of kidney stones. I called his office for an appointment and could only leave messages. At the end of the second day trying to make an appointment following the prompts on the phone I just called through to their front desk and finally got the appointment. I was to get an X-ray before seeing him on the day of the appointment and the order was to have been sent to the radiology office before my arriving for the X-ray. To my dismay, on the day of my appointment the radiology office did not have the order and had to physically go to Jones's office to get the order. Finally upon seeing Dr. Jones he recommend that I have lithotripsy to pulverize a rather large kidney stone and the procedure was scheduled in a timely manner. He did not give me adequate information (no hand out) about the procedure so I had to resort to the internet for the data I needed as a patient. On the day of the procedure he arrive 45 minutes late with 4 patients lined up for this procedure. He spoke to one patient who was within earshot so I heard what he told her, but he did not spend time with me telling me what to expect. He subsequently sent me home with NO pain medications, and no information about what to do if I experienced any pan post the procedure. To make a long story short, I proceeded to pass 2 large fragments, the first one I managed to pass with the help of pain meds that I had on hand from a previous surgery, but the second stone was so painful that I had to go to the ER for IV pain medications. Five days post lithotripsy, I was still experiencing discomfort from the procedure and unable to go about my daily activities in a normal manner. Dr. Jones did not follow up with me at any time, and his only instructions were to make an appointment to see him 2 and one half weeks after the procedure. I have since transferred my care to another urologist. Think twice before you see this physician.
STAY AWAY! First of all the office staff is very incompetent. They scheduled my appointment knowing it was a workers comp case only to find out that they don't accept worker's comp cases after I sat in the waiting room for nearly an hour. What a waste of time. VERY FRUSTRATED! Secondly, Dr. Jones is very unprofessional! As he came into the waiting room to tell me they didn't accept worker's comp, his unprofessional manner shined right through as he discussed personal matters freely in the waiting room as other patients looked on. UNBELIEVABLE! I would not recommend Dr. Thomas A. Jones to anyone!
36 Years Experience
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Thomas R Jones accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Health Blue Choice
- Sharp Health Gold Value
- Sharp Health Performance
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas R Jones in this video.
Dr. Thomas R Jones is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Escondido, CA.