Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas R Knutson has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Surgery
- Bone Fracture
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 39
I had had a partial knee replacement and then a full TKR on my lf knee. Needed my rt knee done - I had a very easy recovery, didn't even need PT and little to no pain using just Celebrex and an ice machine. Better flexibility that with prior surgeries. VERY professional. He was outstanding! The hospital staff all said he was THE best.
Dr. Knutson has an excellent reputation as a competent and effective surgeon. He performed a revision surgery (=took out knee implant and replaced it with a second implant--went from partial implant done by a different doctor (Metros=his surgery was a mess--) Knutson thinks well of himself; he doesn't like patients who are using a lot of pain medication for pain (even if medication is prescribed by doctor for condition that calls for pain med. He won't take responsibility for his mistakes or possible mistakes. He got very defensive when I even suggested that perhaps the surgery was not done properly. He said I was fine: motion; gait; flexion; BIG PROBLEM: I have lots of pain, now five months after his surgery. He has only seen me three times since the surgery, two of the appts were follow up appts, scheduled in advance of surgery. I had one urgent appt. because of extreme pain--waking me up; hurt in thigh as well as knee; lots of pain, most of the time unless I take a lot of pain med. He blames me for my pain, but his diagnosis while popular with doctors is controversial and counterintuitive. He says that if I took less pain med., my pain would improve. We discussed indetail but I have chronic pain in three parts of my body (61 years old). He wants to abandon me as a patient, because I am not doing well. His ego seemingly can't handle the probability that his surgery has not been satisfactory. He says my knee is in good shape, even though I have lots of pain. He refuses to discuss in a polite manner my problems with pain and stiffness (and swelling)all of which are worse than before surgery. He thinks I will go away if stalls. My primary care doctor is friends with dr.knutson and also has an ego problem. I am filing a complaint with the state medical board (California) because Dr. KNutson will not work with me to find out what is wrong and what, if anything, can be done to fix my knee and the deep, extreme pain.
I have been a patient of Dr. Knutson's for five years. He is very intelligent, kind and informative. He has always spent as much time with me a necessary both in his office and the hospital. He has always been forthcoming with his diganose and they have always been correct. He has never kept me waiting at his office or the hospital.
36 Years Experience
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Loma Linda University Medical Center
Dr. Thomas R Knutson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Health Blue Choice
- Sharp Health Gold Value
- Sharp Health Performance
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPediatric Orthopedic Sclsis Medical, 1955 Citracado Pkwy Ste 200, Escondido, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas R Knutson in this video.
Dr. Thomas R Knutson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Escondido, CA.