Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas B Rivers MD
Dr. Thomas B Rivers, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Richmond, TX, with other offices in Sugar Land, TX and Sugar Land, TX . He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Rivers is affiliated with Memorial Hermann Continuing Care Hospital and Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas B Rivers has 3 locations
15035 Southwest Fwy
Sugar Land, TX 77478
Dr. Thomas B Rivers has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Thomas B Rivers has the following 21 expertise
- ACL Reconstruction or Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction (Bone-Patellar Tendon-Bone Graft)
- Bunions (Hallux Valgus)
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Sports Medicine
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Bursitis / Adhesive Capsulitis
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Herniated Disc
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
Dr. Thomas B Rivers is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Man of Faith and Medicine
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas B Rivers - Posted on November 1st, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas B Rivers - Posted on October 9th, 2018
I have seen him twice and both times I was called in as soon as I got there. The first time I got there quite early and I could not believe I was seen so quickly. Everyone was very friendly. When the doctor arrived both times he was very caring and made me feel so at ease and comfortable to speak with him about my knee concerns. He was so attentive and so very knowledgable. He is great!
Very Bad Experience with Dr. Thomas Rivers
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas B Rivers - Posted on August 1st, 2018
I visited Dr. Thomas Rivers office a few months ago for knee pain from osteoarthritis. He suggest that I get the SyncOne injection to assist with my pain. I must say, this was the worst experience ever. I could not walk for 1 week from severe pain. When I scheduled an office visit with him to tell him about my bad experience.; he smile and had jokes about my pain. He said "What Do You Want Me to Do?" In a joking manner. From that day on, I discontinue see this doctor.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas B Rivers - Posted on January 4th, 2016
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2014, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2018, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2018, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Rivers is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Texas A&M Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine
Dr. Thomas B Rivers Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana Houston HMOx
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Thomas B Rivers
Dr. Rivers completed his medical degree with honors at Texas A&M University in College Station, TX. He went on to complete an internship in general surgery at Methodist Hospital of Dallas and two residencies: one in diagnostic radiology at Scott & White Memorial Hospital in Temple and one in orthopedic surgery at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson, MS. He specializes in sports medicine and sees patients from across the Sugar Land area.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Thomas B Rivers is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Richmond, TX.