Dr. Thomas Rives Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Rives?

Several Bad Experiences

Posted on August 19th, 2016

Dr. Rives once told me that my appointment had gone over the allotted 20 min. and we'd have to discuss some of my questions another time. He never suggested some of the regular tests ie: colonoscopy, mammogram, etc. I finally asked to have a colonoscopy and by that time, I'd developed a mass...had to have major surgery for colon cancer...and am still recovering. The surgeon told me that if my condition had gone on another year, we'd be having a very different conversation - cancer w/possible spreading. I was terrified. When I asked to see a specialist about my re-occurring bronchitis, Dr. Rives said a specialist would contact me,. He never did. When I called with severe bronchitis, Dr. Rives was too busy to see me. The next time I went in with bronchitis, he gave me two Z-packs. I've never received two doses of an antibiotic. Not professional. Their records were never updated ie: computer still showed me taking a variety of supplements/vitamins I hadn't taken in over a year. Just seemed like I was a number, not a patient. Not going back.

Unresponsive to billing problem

Posted on December 1st, 2014

I believe one of my office visits was miscoded for insurance purposes. My husband visited the office staff twice, and I wrote a personal letter to Dr. Rives asking for his help in settling the issue. Over 2 months later, nothing has been resolved.

Highly Recommended

Posted on December 9th, 2011

Having always lived in large cities with big hospitals, we were concerned about the quality of care we would receive when we moved to a smaller town in retirement eleven years ago. Dr. Rives put those fears to rest immediately. He is a good listener, asks the right questions necessary to diagnose the problem, orders the requisite tests and takes the time to thoroughly explain test results and answer any questions in layman's terms . We respect his knowledge, his understanding and compassion, and his interest in his patients as individuals. We recommend him highly!

Posted on May 16th, 2011

One of the best ,most Doctors I have ever been to. He had great bedside manner.He was not in a hurry and it was just a great experience or as well as a visit to the doctor can be.he is now my permanent Doctor

Posted on November 4th, 2015