Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas S Weber has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
I had low level discomfort with Rotator Cuff ( RC) for couple of years. Then it worsened to point of intense discomfort. I selected Dr. Weber because he is a Sports Medicine doctor. For me, surgery was the last result. He gave me injections in my shoulder over a period of about a year and the condition improved to the point of being almost pain free, with very little discomfort. I can do almost all of the things I like doing (gardening, working in yard, woodworking, home improvements, etc). I have not needed to return for additional treatment for about the past 2 years. I am retired and 72 years old and enjoy being active and doing the things I love to do. I highly recommend Dr. Weber and will certainly return if needed. I recently recommended Dr. Weber to a loved one involved in an automobile accident. My preference in doctors is Sports Medicine doctors. I think they are focused on determining the problem, treating the problem, and getting you back in the "Game" and active again, and that's what I want in a doctor.
Dr. Weber is a fantastic physician and I would recommend him to anyone that is going through any pain, especially a sports-related or accident related injury. I have been through two serious car accidents and have many spine, neck and other injuries. He has been fantastic throughout the entire diagnostic, healing and coping process. He really knows his stuff and is a very compassionate physician. Two quality thumbs up!
20 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Thomas S Weber accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Thomas S Weber is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Harrisonburg, VA.