More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas D Schomaker has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
We refuse to see the dr after the last time! He yelled at me in front of my child for no reason other than I asked if I could call my child's allergist before placing him on steroids for a possible asthma flair! When I got home I called my son's allergist and he said he would not have given him the oral steroid !! I was degraded and berated by Dr Schumacher made to feel like a horrible mom if I didn't give this med!! Never again!
Dr. Schomaker is a wonderful, caring pediatrician. He always spends time with me and answers all of my questions. The office staff is very friendly too. Dr. Schomaker always makes me feel like my child is important and I always leave the office knowing exactly what to do. Also I am never refused a same day appointment. I am always able to get my sick child in. Very happy with the entire office.
I have three children who range in age from elementary school to college and Dr. Schomaker is always very connected with all of them. When my youngest was born, he had a serious feeding issue and Dr. Schomaker walked us through it and had great empathy for our situation. He was very professional and his stafff was so supportive. Dr. Schomaker is not a push-over, he will not bend his diagnosis or treatment - this is what makes him a professional in my opinion. If you want a "yes" man, then go elsewhere. I was glad he didn't change his medicine to please me when my youngest was sick.
I would disregard the first review. Dr. Schomaker is an awesome Doctor. He spends so much time engaging with my kids. He has always been courteous to me and my family. He is very professional and his diagnosises are always accurate. I have never been turned away for a same day appointment and my waiting time is typical of a physicians office. Also, The staff is always courteous to me and has even helped me with insurance questions(which are never easy) and referrals.
This physician lacks professionalism and character! Every time I bring my son to see him we wait an hour to be seen by him it is ridiculous! He lashed out because I complained about waiting an hour to be seen instead of apologizing for our inconvenience. He had the audacity to tell me if I want my son to be seen or I can go to urgent care if I don't like it! I would never recommend this insensitive pediatrician to any parent who values their child's care and dignity!
St Johns Hospital
Dr. Thomas D Schomaker accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsThomas D Schomaker Do Pc, 36075 Utica Rd Ste 100, Clinton Township, MI
Dr. Thomas D Schomaker is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Clinton Township, MI.