Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas C Schumacher DO
Dr. Thomas C Schumacher, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Albany, NY. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Schumacher is affiliated with St Peters Hospital and Ellis Hospital. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Thomas C Schumacher has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Thomas C Schumacher has the following 7 expertise
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Kidney Biopsy
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas C Schumacher - Posted on February 28th, 2017
Common Sense Advice With No Lecture
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas C Schumacher - Posted on November 4th, 2011
Typically the wait is much shorter than for most doctors. Schumacher's manner is honest, and direct, but caring. He spends as much time as he needs to with me. He returns calls quickly and calls to follow up when prudent to do so. Labs are checked regularly without me having to call the office. Staff is generally very polite.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Schumacher is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Nassau University Medical Center
Dr. Thomas C Schumacher Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Thomas C Schumacher
Dr. Schumacher has been with CDRP since 1994. He currently serves as Medical Director of Capital District Dialysis Center and was Chairman of the Department of Nephrology at St. Clare’s Hospital. He serves as a member of the Board of Director's and Medical Advisory Board for the National Kidney Foundation. He is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology. A graduate of Sienna College, he completed medical school at New York College of Osteopathic Medicine. He trained in Internal Medicine at Berkshire Medical Center, and Nephrology at Nassau County Medical Center.
Locations & Directions, ,
Dr. Thomas C Schumacher is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Albany, NY.