Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas E Sepe
Dr. Thomas E Sepe, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Providence, RI. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Sepe is affiliated with Kent Hospital, Miriam Hospital and Butler Hospital. Dr. Sepe has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas E Sepe has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Thomas E Sepe has the following 10 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
Dr. Thomas E Sepe has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Thomas E Sepe is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
Very nice man who truly cares about his patients. He is very intelligent and helpful.
Dr. Sepe noticed immediately that there was something wrong with my husband other than gastrointestinal. He took care of what we went to him for and referred us to a neurologist. After four hospitals saying my husband's issue was gastrointestinal, Dr. Sepe knew, upon entering the room, that it was something neurological. Dr. Sepe's nurse, Brandy, followed us for over 2 months. She called every week asking how my husband was doing. Sadly, he passed away last night at the age of 51. Brandy was one of the first people I called. (He did NOT die of anything gastrointestinal!) I will never let anyone in my family go to any gastroenterologist other than Dr. Sepe. Thank you to Brandy and him for being so caring and giving old fashioned customer service!
He was a caring doctor. On one occasion I saw him for a procedure, which was covered 100% by my insurance. When it was over I said I wanted to ask him a question, so he told me to get dressed and he would meet me back in one of the exam rooms. I then took all of 15 seconds of his time (I had asked him for a prescription refill), and he charged me for an office visit for it on top of the procedure! I was totally disgusted by the greediness. This was several years ago, so maybe he's changed his ways since then. I know I'll never go back to him.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Sepe is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1988
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Thomas E Sepe accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
BCBS Rhode Island
- BCBS RI HealthMate Coast to Coast
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Gastroenterology LLC, 33 Staniford St, Providence, RI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas E Sepe in this video.
Dr. Thomas E Sepe is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Providence, RI.