Dr. Thomas Slabaugh Jr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Slabaugh Jr?

Posted on October 7th, 2015

Dr. Slabaugh Jr., has been my urologist since 2008. I consider him to be an exceptional physician and surgeon in every respect. I am forturtunate that my GP recommended him to me, and, more importantly that he (Dr. Slabaugh) agreed to accept me as a patient.

Doesn't like his job

Posted on September 17th, 2015

Does not listen to concerns or active problems , does not get back with you , acts like he doesn't remember what he said before. I'm Not sure he even goes over your medical records before seeing you . A poor communicator and makes me feel as if I do not matter.

Posted on August 12th, 2014

He saved my life enough said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so far i really like the dr. and staff operation pending

Posted on February 25th, 2014

this happens anywhere you go but I must say dr. slabaugh jr. seemed very knowledgeable and did find things on my ct,s I took with me and he was in no hurry like most dr.s ive met.i will know more after surgery.

Posted on January 24th, 2014

My husband saw Dr. Slabaugh and he was very thorough in his testing and explainations. After 18 months of recurring kidney stones we decided that we needed to find the source of the problem and a new doctor instead of treating symptoms as his other urologist was doing. Dr. Slabaugh was proactive in preventing the stones rather than just treating them once they were there. He actually drew a picture of the kidney on the paper covering the exam table to better demonstrate the process.

Substandard Care

Posted on November 25th, 2013

I would not recommend this physician to anyone, due to the fact that he does not listen or explain anything well to his patients, and adopts the mentality that it's his way or the highway. His staff are also disrespectful, arrogant, and could care less about who enters the office. Their tone of voice is also unfriendly and impersonal. As for the doctor himself, (JR) the doctor did not even meet with his patient before or after the surgery, the patient was in extreme pain and did not have the care or prescriptions needed to manage the pain. No explanation of what to expect was provided beforehand, and whenever you call for help, most of his staff, including the off-hours receptionist - only want to correct callers on how to pronounce his name correctly, rather than provide help. I would highly recommend choosing another clinic, office and physician if you care about the treatment you will receive and don't want substandard care. Here you are treated like nothing more than a textbook statistic. This physician and his office need to evaluate the quality of their operations and adopt best practices, as the Vanderbilt Urology Clinic in Nashville does.

Good Surgical Outcome

Posted on February 21st, 2013

Another physician referred me to Dr. Slabaugh due to his expertise in robotic surgery. As far as I can tell at about 9 months out, I have had good results, and I have no problem in recommending him.

Posted on May 5th, 2017