Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas L Sutton MD
Dr. Thomas L Sutton, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Provo, UT, with another office in Provo, UT. He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Gastroenterology and Pediatrics. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas L Sutton has 2 locations
1134 N 500 W Ste 101
Provo, UT 84604
1134 N 500 W Ste 101
Provo, UT 84604
Book Online Now
Dr. Thomas L Sutton has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
Pediatric gastroenterologists can treat a variety of diseases and conditions in infants and children related to their liver, pancreas or intestines. If your child has severe or recurrent abdominal pain, constipation or diarrhea, a pediatric gastroenterologist can help you get to the bottom of it. They can also help identify the many possible causes of failure to thrive in infants.
Other common conditions they treat include Crohn's Disease, inflammatory bowel disease, liver disease, short gut syndrome and hepatitis C, as well as nutritional disorders like celiac disease and lactose intolerance. In order to diagnose and treat your child’s condition, gastroenterologists can perform colonoscopies and other diagnostic testing before deciding on the best treatment plan.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Thomas L Sutton is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Complete waste of time
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas L Sutton - Posted on April 27th, 2018
Dr. Sutton was cold and distant, quickly explaining what next steps are and buzzing through the appointment without really trying to get to know us or our unique situation. He made judgements and assumptions about my parenting that were inaccurate and spent a good portion of the time talking down to me and telling me I don’t make my daughter a priority, when he had no right to do so. I did his stupid poop diary and followed his instructions for my daughter’s diet and Miralax and probiotic intake, taking note of stomach pain and stooling observations for an entire month, and he didn’t even ask me about it at our appointment! I am a single mom with a lot of responsibility on my plate, and also have ADHD and PTSD and no support from family or friends, but he never cared to get to know that because he was too busy making himself look good at our expense. Now my daughter won’t get the help she needs and I just wasted a lot of money and time for nothing. I would not recommend going to this doctor.
19 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Thomas L Sutton Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- SelectHealth Select Care
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Thomas L Sutton is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Provo, UT.