Dr. Thomas Swafford Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Swafford?

Posted on October 2nd, 2017

I will never go back to this doctor. Very unprofessional.

Horrible Bedside Manner

Posted on September 12th, 2016

He was very negative and just downright hateful! He was mad because my rheumatologist did a liver biopsy before starting me on a biologic drug. He told me I ignored his recommendation for not getting one and went over his head. He said maybe I should just stop coming to him and let her do everything. I was dumbfounded! I told him he needed to talk to her about this. First for a doctor to speak unprofessionally about another doctor is unprofessional in my opinion. Secondly, I wasn't going to fight her to stop the biopsy, she felt it was necessary in order to correctly diagnose fatty liver disease and monitor my levels before taking a very strong drug. I thought nothing of it and had her send him the results thinking he would like to know that his diagnosis was correct. WRONG thing to do! My next appointment he yelled at me for not losing weight, missing an appointment I didn't know I had, mixup in the office, and was very condescending. I think he knows his stuff, but has no compassion for his patients.

Just didn't listen or follow up

Posted on August 8th, 2015

I saw Dr. Swafford for a routine colonoscopy. I first met him immediately before it occurred. He was a poor listener and openly skeptical of my concerns. The colonoscopy left me with severe pain and problems that it took me 4 months to recover from. I informed the office of the problems I was having within days of the procedure. I could not get an appointment he kept until 3 months later. He was hostile during the appointment.

Posted on March 18th, 2013

Never had a Dr. Who to ok this long to get simple diagnosis!

Still alive even though I saw this doctor

Posted on February 20th, 2013

I wouldn't take a stray dog to this doctor. He doesn't listen to the patient and won't do the needed research that is needed. Thanks to the correct information I found on the internet I found the information he should have had the resources in his office for but failed to use them. Do your body a favor and see the other GI doctor here in town or go out of town.

Exceptional experience

Posted on August 13th, 2012

Since most people are quick to leave a negative comment, I thought I would take the time to leave a positive one. I went to Dr. Swafford for a problem I was having-he told what was needed to be done- I followed his instructions-he followed up with me- and I am so much better than before. He knows what he is doing and sometimes people may not want to hear what procedures have to be done, but dont complain if you are not willing to do the proper treatments and diagnosis phase. If you are not willing or the cost is too great, then a lot of doctors will let you know that they will not see you anymore and to me, that is understandable! And who knows, my uncle, who is also a doctor, had a patient who swore something was wrong with him-every test was done and this person was completely fine-but this person did not want to hear that-he was convinced something was wrong with him. So dont believe the negative reviews- Dr. Swafford is a good Christian man who has been in this field for a long time and takes the time and procedures to help you feel better. And if he cant, then maybe there really isnt anything to fix to begin with!

OSU Student

Posted on October 14th, 2011

1. Do not believe all incorrect, rude, and unjustified comments.2. Dr. Swafford actually spends time taking history and doing his exam, which are very important things that are a rare event at many doctors today.3. Part of getting a correct diagnosis is using the correct diagnostic tools available. That is what he does.4. Most of the comments on here are financially driven. Don't complain about cost if you don't carry good insurance. Yes, my experience was expensive, but I did what he told me to do and had the procedures he recommended. (And now I am not complaining!) GET THE POINT....

I wouldent send my dog to this "so called" doctor

Posted on March 9th, 2011

This doctor is the biggest fraudHe has no clue what he is doing, when you talkHe doesent listen!I saw him for 2 years and he went through thousands of dollarsOf my moneyI then finally had enough and told him I need some relief From my problems I have been experiencing and that theyWere getting worseHe then has the nerve to send me a letter pretty much statingHe wouldent see me any longerIn my opinion ,This doctor has no clue what he is doingI think he should be removed of his licenseAs he has removed so many people of there hardEarned moneySteer clear of this dead beat doctor

Posted on December 24th, 2010

Best doctor I have ever been to.

Would not recommend

Posted on January 21st, 2010

I would not recommend this doctor to any one. He had not clue what was wrong and more that willing to put me under to look around.He did not even offer any other methods of finding out what wa cause my problem and I do not feel that he really was listening to what I was saying. When I declined he sent a letter telling me not to come back he would not see me again. The only nice thing to say is the staff is very nice.

Get a Second Opinion

Posted on September 30th, 2009

My experience with Swafford was worst I have ever had with a doctor and I rarely visit doctors. He provided no solutions, was unable to diagnose the problem, and appeared to have no idea what he was doing. He is incompetent and a very poor communicator.

Posted on November 13th, 2017