Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas W Swain has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Thomas W Swain has the following 15 expertise
- Heart Failure
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Attack
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Diseases
Showing 5 of 5
I have been seeing Dr Swain for about 18 months and am very satisfied with his expertise personal presentation, BUT very disappointed in all the other values. Six months ago I waited two (2) hours in the examining room with no explanation or apology. Three months ago I waited three (3) hours with the staff assuring me every time I asked that I was the "next" patient. Two days ago I waited two and one half hours and walked out. I never was spoken to on my way out and have not been contacted since. Needlesstosay, I'm looking for a new cardiologist. By the way, his staff leaves very much to be desired.
I have been going to Dr. Swain now for 7 years and am very happy with him. I only have one bad thing to say and that is the amount of time I have to wait to see him and then he is in the room for 5 minutes. At times, trying to get an appointment with his receptionist can be a horror. She rules the desk with an "iron fist."
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
38 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Western Pennsylvania Hospital
Dr. Thomas W Swain accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMelbourne Internal Medicine Associates, 1223 Gateway Dr, Melbourne, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas W Swain in this video.
Dr. Thomas W Swain is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Melbourne, FL.