Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas A Tirone has the following 1 specialty
- Digestive System Abnormalities
- Thyroid Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Breast Diseases
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Breast Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Skin Cancer
Showing 5 of 10
I had a terrible experience with Dr. Tirone! He implanted a chemo port, which it turned out would not allow "blood return" on my first chemo appointment. Amidst my natural anxiety, and repeated attempts at problem solving by the nurses, I was forced to undergo intravenous infusion, not the method of choice. The head nurse later called Dr Tirone's office, but was denied access to him, and was told by a staff member, "that kind of port doesn't allow blood return". My oncologist and nurse were astounded....why have a device that wouldn't perform as needed?! I subsequently had to visit another Dr to determine the problem. A dye test indicated that the port was lodged against the vein's wall, not at all in the proper position. Before continuing chemo, I had to undergo ANOTHER procedure, to remove the incorrectly situated port, and install one correctly. This whole scenario: added undue stress at an already difficult time; caused me quite a lot of discomfort; and, because the second Dr didn't accept my insurance, I was forced to pay over $2000 out of pocket! An incredibly upsetting, unnecessary complication. BEWARE!
Dr. Tirone did an excellent job on my surgery. He explained everything to me ahead of time and answered all of my questions. He was more than patient with me during my post-op office visits. His nurse was very kind and patient as well. She talked to me on the phone several times when I called with questions. I would highly recommend Dr. Tirone to anyone.
22 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Dr. Thomas A Tirone accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Humana Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsClearwater Surgical Associates, 1106 Druid Rd S Ste 301, Clearwater, FL
Dr. Thomas A Tirone is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Clearwater, FL.