Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas J Umstead MD
Dr. Thomas J Umstead, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Port Richey, FL, with another office in Tarpon Springs, FL. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. He speaks English.
Dr. Thomas J Umstead has 2 locations
1395 S Pinellas Ave Fl 8
Tarpon Springs, FL 34689
Dr. Thomas J Umstead has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Thomas J Umstead has the following 14 expertise
- Tubal Ligation (Permanent Sterilization in Women)
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- C-Section (Cesarean Section)
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
Showing 5 of 34
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas J Umstead - Posted on November 6th, 2018
Worst experience....never again
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas J Umstead - Posted on November 15th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas J Umstead - Posted on July 4th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas J Umstead - Posted on November 18th, 2015
Does not support our troops and their families! Rude and condescending
Self-verified patient of Dr. Thomas J Umstead - Posted on November 12th, 2015
Dr. Umstead persuaded my daughter, a young mom to be induced. When I asked her why, she didn't know, just trusted her doctor. This, after a 2 hour wait in his waiting room! Come to find out this "doctor" went on vacation the next day! Also, she is living with us temporarily because her husband had to deployed, he is in the US Army. This doctor would not let them skype so that this soldier could be there for the birth of his daughter while he is overseas. Nice! Then he had the audacity to say that she was lucky that he took her as a patient since she was so close to delivery! This doctor is rude, condescending and did not support a soldier's family while the father is protecting our country.
Saint Michaels Medical Center
Dr. Thomas J Umstead Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Humana Tampa Bay CoreNet
- Humana Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Thomas J Umstead, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology in New Port Richey, FL, in this video.
Dr. Thomas J Umstead is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New Port Richey, FL.