Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Thomas C Varughese has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 14
If you want drugs instead of help then he's for you. I went in for my refill of Canada and asked about actually tapering off this medication. He asked how everything was with me and I told him some of the things that were going on in my life at that time and the first thing he offers me is an anti depressant? I never said I was depressed. Just some things going on. By the end of the visit he gave me instructions on how to taper off the meds, a prescription for them and a refill. The next thing I know I'm getting a letter from his office discharging me from his practice. I called and confronted him and was told it was because of the xanax taper. How do you tell someone you will help them and then discharge them? Also you will need to ask for blood work if your not feeling well. I was very tired and my body hurt. He didn't know what it was. I had to ask for my thyroid and vitamin D to be checked. He did it reluctantly and the results were not good and I ended up taking 50000 mg for 3 months just to get my vitamin D at a safe level. You have to know what has to be done before going in there. Don't trust him to make the right decision. Go to a specialist before going to him. Big warning here.
Dr. Varughese is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Barnabas Hospital
Dr. Thomas C Varughese accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsArbor Place Family Medicine Pc, 6130 Prestley Mill Rd Ste B, Douglasville, GA
Dr. Thomas C Varughese is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Douglasville, GA.